PC Richards - pc richard and son is a rip off

Issue not resolved
Oct 14, 2008
review #139417

i have used pc richard and son's GE credit card to purchase some product twice.when i bought this product from the store i was never told that i have pay the full amount back in the promotional period.

i always thought it will the regular finance charge after the promotion expired on sept 2008 which was the billing cycle. now i am charged $246.01 as deferred interest charge. i tried to calling to few times and every time i was told i need to speak to a supervisor but the customer service rep said they are having technical difficulty to transfer my call and they wont provide a phone number to call them directly. this is going on from last two weeks.

today finally a customer service rep got someone one on the phone saying its the supervisor, the supervisor said she could not do anything about it and my account was closed yesterday, mean while i did ask them to close my account, i was trying to negotiate it so i dont have to pay such big amount. she also mentioned it was noted on my last billing statement to pay the full amount but i never saw it on my billing statement.

then she said it was one of those fine small font which i believe anyone would normally avoid reading.so i have lost $246.01

bcfca90
Had an experience with PC Richards?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Gabbystar

Apr 03, 2011

Hey does anyone know if pc richardson sells ipads!!! PLLLZZZZ :)

Anthony Abelardo

Mar 18, 2011

I had an amazing experience at PC Richard and son shopping for the first time, the deal I had was better than any deal you can get online and even ebay, all new not used, I highly recommend to shop there

the deals were from the one who worked there because it was much below the sticker price

as for the person complaining they don't hire women I think the girl working at PC Richard and Son when I went is a manager

0 0 Reply
I WORK AT PC RICHARD....HELP..

Jan 02, 2011 Oakland, Maine

First ill tell u... dont let ur bad experience with a mediocere sales man b the reason u dont shop there anymore...
ILL GIVE U GOOD REASONS...

1.the sales man ur dealing with gets paid $500/week b4 taxes, which they owe back to the company if they do not cover that.
...that being said he/she probably owes p.c. money...crz u say..indeed..

2.no concern over their sales staff what so ever....unless ur writting 100K a month, therefore becoming an elite pc soldier,(eps-aka "the untouchables", for future ref)

3. most of them want to get fired..
(wouldn't u?????)

4.in the effort of staying competative in pricing, the price is changed numerous time through the week..(most of the time the salesman dosnt know)if its lower than the tag price someone didnt change it. sucks for their com based salesman...if its higher ull get the lower price...

CLARIFYING the whole comm salesman thing:
there is no longer commision at pc only the idea still exist...u c. it works as such, to earn the commision u must sell it at retail price.. not too hard, except that they post it at a lower price on-line, newspapers, in-store sales...so anybody with internet access or a cellphone (thank god there isnt a lot of those)can find the SALE price.So everything u sell is just 1%, unless ur part of the EPS which means he has the managers code, and is at least getting 2%..

5. THEY DONT HIRE
... Show more

C

Sep 11, 2010

Have have seen this promotion with many quality name Stores not just PC Richards. In the agreement it does state interest incurred and billing statements you will see every month how much interest would have been billed for the month, also on the billing statement there is section showing the debtor the interest if not paid by or before the promotion expiration date. I have no sympathy for the people that don't read or ask questions before signing an agreement.

liz

Jul 08, 2010

pc richards, never delivers ontime..they dont answer any emails and customer service number is full of rude nasty people. we spend alot of money here and should be treated with some respect...deliver my appliance please

Not A Moron, Bob S.

Jun 30, 2010

In the defense of some idiots, on RARE occasions, retailers may offer a no interest deal for a specified time after which, interest does begin to accrue but no back charges of interest will apply or accrue on the purchase. I have not seen a deal like this in quite a while but it did at least, USED TO HAPPEN. WOE to the disinterested buyer who can't be bother to get the FULL run down BEFORE they buy. MY experience with PC Richard was quite pleasant but then I am a ball busting educated consumer.......a salesman's worst nightmare !

JR

Jun 13, 2010

Pc Richards in Astoria New York has the worst salesmen in the business. They lie.and try to sell you things you don"t need.I f you call the main office and try to contact a supervisor you get his /her email but your call is never returned. I and my family will never go into one of their stores again,after being scred by them too many times.

one satisfied customer

Jun 13, 2010

i have spent well over $50,000.00 with pc richards and sons at various locations thru out the years. I have always ended up with great deals and walking out the store without laying out a dime. I was always informed to make sure the bill was payed before the promotional interst free period expired. Very simply put YOU ARE PRETTY *** to think that promotional interst free credit works any different.

CREDIT CHAMP

Feb 09, 2010

ALL CREDIT CARD COMPANIES REALLY REAP THE BENEFITS OUT OF IGNORANT CONSUMERS, I HAVE MADE PURCHASES OVER AN EIGHT YEAR SPAN USING MY G.E. MONEY CARD AT MY LOCAL P.C. RICHARD AND SON STORE, TOTALLING WELL OVER $30,000.00, MY PURCHASES HAVE INCLUDED ALL OF THE MODERN NICETIES THAT TECHNOLOGY HAS TO OFFER, KITCHENS, FLAT PANEL TV'S, COMPUTERS ETC., TOTAL FINANCE CHARGES ON OVER $30,000.00 WORTH OF GOODS AND SERVICES=0, I GUESS IT PAYS TO READ THE fine print.

CREDIT CHAMP

Feb 09, 2010

ALL CREDIT CARD COMPANIES REALLY REAP THE BENEFIT OUT OF IGNORANT CONSUMERS, I HAVE MADE PURCHASES OVER AN EIGHT YEAR SPAN USING MY G.E. MONEY CARD AT MY LOCAL P.C. RICHARD AND SON STORE, TOTALLING WELL OVER $30,000.00, MY PURCHASES HAVE INCLUDED ALL OF THE MODERN NICETIES THAT TECHNOLOGY HAS TO OFFER, KITCHENS, FLAT PANEL TV'S, COMPUTERS ETC., TOTAL FINANCE CHARGES ON OVER $30,000.00 WORTH OF GOODS AND SERVICES=0, I GUESS IT PAYS TO READ THE fine print.

In His Defense

Jan 18, 2010

PC Richards is a rip off. They have car sales tactics and rude and under trained staff. They probably pushed the whole promotional sale etc. Preying on our greed they can neglect to tell us important details such as this mans toil. Not everyone knows about the nuances of credit, yet they push it to make a sale. Perhaps if their associates weren't driven by commission, their customer service might be worth something.

margaret priolo

Jan 04, 2010

i bought a50inch tv for my disabled husband for his birthday. it was delivered sept 25,2009 and he was so happy. he had a heart attack and two strokes in january and is now getting seizures. the tv was not right from day 1 and he was so patient thinking it would adjust. less than 90 days, dec 11, pc richards picked it up for repairs. two weeks later they delivered it back to
him in the same condition. they picked it up again on dec 28. we hae called every day to find out what is going on and believe itor not, it would take two hours to tell you all the dumb conversations that have taken place. we asked for the loan of a tiny tv, the answer was no. we could not see the new year in, or see the ball drop. as of this date jan 4,2010 we have lost our 50 inch tv to p.c. richards and we are out $1,000. so unfair, so nfair to twoold sick people.

M

Dec 26, 2009

How could you possibly NOT know that NO interest on a credit card during the promotional period, would allow you to NOT pay any interest if the payments are not made in full by the end of the promotional period. HELLO???????

Dizzle

Oct 09, 2009

yeah and u do know that the whole time on the phone u were on the phone with g.e moneybank. they are the lending institution that gives them the card pc richard doesnt do its own financing. so even if ge screwed u, yelled at u, and made fun of u, it was in no way related to customer service through pc richard. sorry bro. but as doctor cox would say, your wrong wrong wrong wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong, your wrong, your wrong!

Not  Moron

Aug 01, 2009

you are pathetic. Most people realize that you will pay ALL of the interest if you do not pay for the item before the zero interest time period is up. You are actually complaining??????

Me

Jul 06, 2009

I always shop at PC Richard for all my appliances. I also have been told repeatedly that on O intrest rate promotions, if you do not pay by the due date, that the interest PLUS the interest you would have paid during the promotional period, willl be charged. Sometimes shop at different stores and have ALWAYS been told of this.

tee

Nov 12, 2008

Sorry to tell you but that's is the truth, I found that out the hard way along time ago with Seaman's, truth is i should of read the contract fully. That one is on you Boo not them.............

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about PC Richards.
Filing a new complaint about
×